Lovely to meet you! I love all things calm and serene, as well as anything that sparkles and makes me giggle. I can be creative, mindful, playful, caring and carefree. While I have always been caring, I was not always carefree or happy…
After burning out twice, I decided to make some new choices and listen to my own Heart Song. At first, all I could hear were the sighs of my exhausted body and the churning of my fear-filled thoughts. Then I learned how to gently hold my heart as it slowly opened and released my defrosted dreams – and with it my Heart Song.
Its tune led me to study with Martha Beck to become a certified life coach, and I am now living my dream of contributing to people’s healing and living a much more balanced and happier life.
It is not always easy to follow your Heart Song – and I sometimes still can get sidetracked. I’m continuously discovering more and more about the complexities of my being – and my fellow human beings – (untangling myself layer by layer from limiting beliefs and out dated habits), as well as learning how to love wholeheartedly after the loss. This is what I love most about my work: I have to “live it to give it”.
Credentials, Experience, Approach and More
- I am a Martha Beck certified Wayfinder (or life coach) A Wayfinder is someone who, in the midst of chaos, can access an inner compass that always points true north. In countless ancient cultures, Wayfinders plotted the course for their own lives and for others; they are coaches, teachers, healers, and guides. The art of Wayfinding, includes helping others reclaim their true nature through an innovative combination of ancient, time-tested tools and modern, scientific ones. Find out who is Martha Beck here.
- I have also been trained by Judy Klipin (a Martha Beck Master life coach) how to coach adults who generally feel overly responsible (more adult like) but also completely vulnerable and overwhelmed (more childlike), because of shared limiting beliefs they have developed during a less than perfect childhood. Through Judy’s training, I am able to coach such ‘adult children’ find new ways to relate to the world and others which brings new choices, freedom and happiness.
- I am also certified in the “Creative Grief Studio” Grief Support . This approach to grief support is based on the latest research on grief and loss and what techniques are best to support a person with grief and loss of all types, helping clients re-connect with their own resilience.
OTHER RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor in Fine Art (University of Cape Town)
- Honours in Psychology (University of Stellenbosch)
- Masters in Research Psychology (University of Cape Town)
- Short Courses: Art therapy (South African College of Applied Psychology); Play therapy (Gestalt Institute); Jungian Psychoanalytical theory (Jungian Institute, Zurich)
There are many, many different theories and styles of life coaching. What I like about Martha Beck’s Art of Wayfinding approach is that it:
- makes use of the latest research in human behaviour, methods in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP),
- draws on several ancient wisdom traditions, from Buddhism to shamanism,
- adds a healthy dose of humour and spirituality, and
- grounds the work in her own life experience.
At the heart of Martha Beck’s coaching philosophy is the assumption that we all already know in our hearts what our ‘right life’ is and how to find happiness. This knowledge may however have been pushed aside or forgotten because of fear, the need to meet others’ expectations, self sabotage and/or limiting beliefs.
[EXPAND About Judy Klipin]
Judy is a Martha Beck Master Coach based in Johannesburg, South Africa, and the author of Life Lessons for the Adult Child. Find out more about Judy at www.judyklipin.com or www.stellarlifedesign.co.za.
Kerstin Waddell is not a licensed health professional and you will not be able to claim coaching session fees back from your medical aid. Kerstin adheres to the code of ethics for Martha Beck coaches.
Kerstin Waddell is a Martha Beck certified life coach based in Cape Town, South Africa.