You may know that I am experimenting with maximizing gratitude and its benefits this month by shifting my coaching practice to a pay it forward model.
Why? I hope that through receiving and giving, we can boost our sense of gratitude. Studies have shown that “a five-minute a daily gratitude journal can increase your long-term well-being by more than 10 percent. […]Gratitude makes us kinder, more trusting, more social, and more appreciative. As a result, it helps us make more friends and deepen our existing relationships. Gratitude also improves our health, relationships, emotions, personality, and career.”
Who doesn’t want more of that?
So, will you be joining me for the 4 week Pay it Forward Challenge?
Need some inspiration and ideas for random acts of kindness?
My favorites include
- Allowing someone with few shopping items to go ahead of the queue at the till
- Buying cloth shopping bags for the next person who didn’t bring any
- Paying for someone’s parking
- Giving up a parking spot
- Handing out an orange to someone who is begging at the traffic lights
- Smiling more and greeting people
- Buying someone a coffee or soup
- Leaving money at a vending machine
- Giving a stranger a flower
- Complimenting a stranger
- For more ideas
I hope this inspires you to start with the Pay it Forward Challenge and then to grow this into a much gentler, kinder lifestyle and way to be.
I’d love to hear from you – you can share your experiences on the Be Happy Facebook page.