Grab what you need from your Self Care Package jam packed with amazing tips, tools and resources (and love)
These are my all-time favorite simple, easy to do practices and tools you can apply today to help you through difficult times.
I will keep adding and updating these over time and I hope that you will find something that supports you.
Remember, you don’t have to do it all. Just choose one or two things that seem manageable – and start giving yourself some TLC. Even just sticking to one of these practices can make a huge difference.
- Grounding is very important. Here is a lovely 20 minute guided meditation where you imagine becoming a tree and anchoring yourself into the supportive, loving Earth. Why not try a chakra cleanse?
- Where possible, take a barefoot walk on the Earth.
- BREATHE. Just breathe deeply into your stomach – at least three times. Try some breathing exercises for anxiety.
- Listen to some calming Solfeggio frequency infused music.
- Be creative. Draw, dance, craft, knit, crochet, … If you don;t see yourself as creative, try coloring in mandalas. Here is a templates.
- Soothe yourself by holding your thumb with the fingers of your other hand. This is a soothing practice from the Japanese healing modality called Jin Shin Jyutsu.
- Meditate. Beginner? There are many helpful apps to get to started – like for example, Headspace, etc.
- Move your body. Walk, run- and if you can;t get outside, dance to your favorite uplifting music, stretch, yoga. There are also many 30 minute functional, no equipment exercise routines available on YouTube. I personally love doing Qigong in my PJs.
- Read or listen to something inspiring – a podcast, a book, … Enjoy exploring.
- Learn more about something you are curious about. There are many different, affordable online courses available.
- Journal. Try Julia Cameron’s “Morning pages” as a way to clear your mind from the clutter of thoughts, the broken record that’s playing over and over again in your mind.
- Start a gratitude practice, writing down 10 things you are grateful for today. Repeat daily.
- Make a difference by joining an online group meditation, like the HeartMath Institute’s Global Coherence Initiative, “an international effort that seeks to help activate the heart of humanity and promote peace, harmony and a shift in global consciousness. GCI conducts groundbreaking research on the interconnection between humanity and Earth’s magnetic fields and energetic systems.”
- Tidy up your home, office, etc and find what sparks your joy.
Perhaps you could benefit from more one-on-one coaching support? Please feel free to contact me to set up a 15 minute free discovery chat to see if coaching is something that could help you.
In an emergency, please contact the crisis/suicide/helplines.
If you’re thinking about hurting yourself please contact your local crisis support. You are not alone.