If you’re feeling down and powerless:
- Start a gratitude practice. Write down 10 things you are grateful for today. Repeat daily.
- Make a difference. Remember that we are all interconnected. There is so much you can do, even in lockdown. Physically, you can donate your time, goods, food, money. Join a Community Action Network (CAN) or other groups like Cape Town Together to start working together as a rapid community response to COVID-19. Energetically and spiritually, you can focus on change by joining an online group meditation, like the HeartMath Institute’s Global Coherence Initiative, “an international effort that seeks to help activate the heart of humanity and promote peace, harmony and a shift in global consciousness. GCI conducts groundbreaking research on the interconnection between humanity and Earth’s magnetic fields and energetic systems.”
“We can change the world and make it a better place. It is in your hands to make a difference.” Nelson Mandela
- Connect to hope and your inner resilience by joining the free 21 day meditation offered by Oprah and Deepak Chopra: Finding Hope in Uncertain Times.
- Tidy up your home, office, etc and find what sparks your joy.
- Find your courage and inspiration. Watch Brene Brown’s Netflix documentary: Call to Courage.