Today’s world is stressful. Stress triggers are everywhere – the stress of uncertainty, worry about the future, the ever changing and ever increasing demands. Our minds and bodies generally are not able to deal with this level of stress which is leading to more and more cases of chronic illnesses and fatigue. What can you do when there is no certainty, no greener grass on the other side to escape to, and change is the order of the day? We only have one option – we need to adapt and become stress resilient.
The Reclaiming My Mojo Retreat offers a 3 day Starter or a 5 day Comprehensive Mind and Stress Management Programme which is specifically designed to help you adapt better to stress. To become stress resilient, we need to support ourselves holistically. It is for this reason that this programme focuses on supporting your body and your mind.
Set within the framework of Functional Medicine, this programme recognises the importance of 1) a holistic, as well as 2) an individualistic approach to supporting you for a stress resilient life through optimal nutrition, appropriate physical movement and support, as well as lifestyle coaching.
What is Functional medicine and nutrition? FM aims to seek and address the underlying causes instead of symptoms for chronic disease as well as disease prevention through a personalised approach. We achieve this by looking at the interplay between health history, genetic predispositions, environment, physiological processes and where possible test results.
This comprehensive approach uses diet, movement, body work treatments, and targeted nutritional supplements to encourage the body’s natural healing and immune processes, boost energy levels, improve mental well-being, restore vitality and achieve optimum health.
For your Body
- You will learn the incredible facts about diet, nutrition, gut health, and your adrenals – not only how they play a key role in our emotional wellbeing, but also how best you can support your body through optimal tailored nutrition.
- You will enjoy delicious, healthy meals all prepared for you by a professional chef, guided by your personally developed nutrition plan. He will also teach you how to cook more healthily so that you can continue building on these good habits by the time you leave the retreat.
- You’ll experience the benefits of appropriate movement, guided by a professional personal trainer.
- You’ll experience the benefits of treatments to help your body release stress and become realigned and balanced, offered by an experienced Specialised Kinesiologist and Cranial Sacral Therapist.
For your Mind
- You will gain much deeper insight into your inner world of thoughts and emotions and how to connect with your inner peace in times of stress. Guided by a professional, experienced Mind and Stress Management Expert/Life Coach, you’ll discover your triggers and learn strategies to help you manage stress, focusing on ways to work with your thoughts, your emotions and ultimately change your actions/choices.
For your Overall Wellbeing
- You will leave the Retreat feeling relaxed and confident that you will be able to continue to implement your personalised, holistic stress resilient lifestyle programme.
This Retreat is perfect for you
…if you’ve been feeling overwhelmed and stressed for a while and have been too busy, too tired, too distracted to do anything about it.
…if you appreciate the fact that your wellbeing depends on caring for your body and mind.
…if you’re feeling confused about the many health trends and are not sure what is actually healthy for you.
…if you’re yearning for a real break from the madness of everyday life, where you can soak up some compassionate guidance and deep nourishment for your body, heart and mind.
This Retreat is not for you
…if you do not wish to take note of any of the warning signs and take your health and wellbeing for granted.
…if you aren’t ready for a change.
Your Retreat Team of Experts
Through personal and family experience with various health issues, Kerry has followed her passion to assist healing and growth through non-invasive and natural means. Whilst running counselling and support groups for severe depression and anxiety in Cape town S.A. Kerry discovered the unique and powerful effect food has on wellbeing. She went on to study Clinical nutrition, after which she decided to further her knowledge in nutritional science and personalised nutrition, with a focus on genetics and neurodevelopment. Having moved to Switzerland 5 years ago Kerry has set up a private practice, Nutri-360, in which she follows the principles of Functional Medicine, creating a personalised plan for the client’s individual needs. Her focus in practice is detoxification, rejuvenation, depression, anxiety, hormonal imbalances and digestive disorders.
With over 20 years experience, Jason Fugard has the ability to turn any meal into a culinary delight. With a passion for fresh, seasonal produce and using local as well as international cuisine as inspiration, he enjoys infusing flavours from around the world. Starting his career in the beautiful C.T Constantia valley, he quickly worked up the ranks to running 5 star restaurants and hotels as well as teaching at the acclaimed International hotel and culinary school. Having worked internationally in London, Melbourne the Caribbean and Spain he now works as a private chef and consultant in Geneva, Switzerland as well as on exclusive Private yachts. Jason is not new to the health industry either as he creates menus and teaches cooking for personalised and restricted dietary requirements.
Kerstin Waddell is a certified Martha Beck life coach at Be Happy Life Coaching since 2010, who is also a qualified creative grief support practitioner and an adult child coach. Through her own experiences of burnout, Kerstin has searched far and wide over two decades to strengthen her own body and to continually fine tune “a happy balance”. She describes herself as a lifelong curious student and is passionate about creating a space for exchanging experiences and shared learning for those struggle with stress and its many consequences (physical, relational, emotional, etc). As a life coach, Kerstin uses a combination of life coaching strategies and tools, a dash of creativity, teaching a variety of meditation approaches and reminders of the wisdom of old and current spiritual teachers, backed up by some findings from neuroscience, and a huge dose of humour and play. Her clients learn how to reconnect with their inner wisdom, which helps them make new choices and create a more delicious and happy life.
Ian Waddell from Personal Best works with a wide range of people (including athletes – from novices to professionals) who seek positive direction so that they can achieve their goals without losing their balance in life. He focuses on the whole person – body, mind and spirit – and provides highly individualised, holistic, and positive guidance. His approach is based on his training as a specialised kinesiologist, Cranial Sacral Therapist, personal trainer and bike fitter, as well as his personal experience, including my many years competing in local and international triathlon and his continuing spiritual development.
Reclaiming your Mojo Retreat includes
We are offering two options, namely 1) the Comprehensive Programme and 2) the Starter Programme.
- Comprehensive: 4 days, 5 nights – 9 – 13 March 2018
- Starter: 3 days, 2 nights – 9 – 11 March 2018
- Meals & Juices – 3 per day – prepared by our Professional Chef – with tailored adaptations that support neurotransmitter balance, optimise brain and gut health and promote relaxation
- Professional FM Nutritional Therapist:
- Comprehensive: x 2: The first pre-retreat to determine your personalised plan and tailor it to suit your requirements during your stay, with a follow up during your retreat to help clarify questions and fine tune your needs.
- Starter: x 1: Pre-retreat only.
- Mind and Stress Management Expert/Life Coach:
- Comprehensive: x 2: One before the retreat to determine your needs and triggers and a follow up session during the retreat.
- Starter: x 1: Pre-retreat only.
- Professional FM Nutritional Therapist:
- Daily short nutrition talks
- Daily fun, practical cooking demonstrations to learn some new skills and healthy tricks in the kitchen
- Daily life coaching group mini sessions with suggested theme or activities for the day designed to help you reconnect with your inner wisdom
- Daily guided meditations
- Opportunities to join different physical activities (for all types of fitness levels) under the supervision of a professional Personal Trainer and Sports Coach
- De-stress your body treatments – kinesiology and/or cranial sacral therapy – offered by a qualified CS Therapist and Specialised Kinesiologist
- Neck & shoulder massage by a trained Massage therapist (Comprehensive only)
- Free time for you to rest, do nothing and enjoy the beautiful retreat setting.
Excluded: All alcoholic drinks and any extra activities being offered in the area, outside of the Retreat Programme.
- Suggested testing to further personalise your plan is available: This is discussed in your first Nutritional Therapy consultation.
COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAMME: Friday 9 March – Wednesday 14th March 2018
Cost for the 5 day Retreat offering the Comprehensive Mind and Stress Management Programme:
- Single: R17 000
- Sharing: R13 000
STARTER PROGRAMME: Friday 9 March – Sunday 11 March 2018
Cost for the 3 day Retreat offering the Starter Mind and Stress Management Programme:
- Single: R13 000
- Sharing: R10 500
50% non-refundable deposits to be paid by 15 February 2018.
Payment plan available.
The retreat will be held in a beautiful, tranquil setting of Fairhill close to Stanford (2- 3 hours drive outside of Cape Town, South Africa). This exquisite guest house is situated in a private nature and game farm that forms part of the Walker Bay Fynbos Conservancy. The 200 hectares of pristine coastal property is all ours to explore and enjoy. Take a leisurely walk through the estate and savour the smell of indigenous herbs and fynbos flowers. Arrange a trip in our game-viewing Land Rover to track down the herd of Eland or enjoy the fantastic views on a meandering drive to the beach.
You can also explore the Hermanus Wine Meander in the near by Hemel-En-Aarde Valley. Try the Raka, Weltevreden, Hamilton Russell and Sir Robert Stanford Estates.
Questions? How can we assist?
Should you have any questions, need more information, or wish to find out how to apply, please email Kerstin: email@example.com